TSSUZ Buffer Storage Tanks
316 Stainless Steel
500 – 4,000L*
Suitable HVAC Systems
Chilled or Heating
Yes (when insulated and clad)
Building J Code 2019 Compliant
Thermex TSSUZ Series 316 Stainless Steel Buffer Storage Tanks can be used with chillers and boilers which do not have water volumes of sufficient size in relation to the chiller or boiler. The insufficiently sized systems do not have enough buffer capacity for the system water causing poor temperature control, erratic system operation and excessive chiller or boiler cycling.
Thermex TSSUZ Series Buffer Storage Tanks solves this problem by adding water volume to buffer the system and reduces the rate of change of the return water.
Chillers are designed to be useful in systems with a minimum water volume. The minimum water volume is based upon the chiller manufacturer’s requirements. When chiller systems are properly sized, the chiller compressor will not short cycle. Without the proper amount of system water, the source temperature will be reached quickly and the compressor will shut off. Many chiller compressors can only start 3 times per hour. Insufficiently sized system problems can cause excessive compressor cycling, poor temperature control and erratic system operations.
- When insulated, Thermex tanks comply to the BCA Section J insulation requirements
- Are suitable for indoor and outdoor situations
- Designed to AS1210 Unfired Pressure Vessels
- Low profile to facilitate installation in low roof plant-rooms
- Available in various materials and pressure ratings
- Standard designs in sizes from 500L to 4,000L*
- 316 Stainless Steel Construction
- Inlet, Outlet, Drain and Vent Connections
- MAX Working Pressure 6 Bar